Satyricon - Deep calleth upon Deep. How long you gonna released the Official Video - THE BAND LIST

ads

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Satyricon - Deep calleth upon Deep. How long you gonna released the Official Video

Satyricon - Deep calleth upon Deep how long you gonna released the Official Video. Norwegian black metallers Satyricon are set to release their ninth studio album, Deep Calleth Upon Deep, on September 22.

 Their follow-up to their 2013 self-titled effort, in the band’s own words, has been described as a “new beginning” for the veteran Oslo outfit and features a drawing by the late Ã…dalsbruk artist Edvard Munch as the album’s macabre cover artwork.

 We caught up with frontman and songwriter Satyr to find out more…



Satyricon Album

Above: Artwork for Satyricon’s new album, Deep Calleth Upon Deep.


Does the title-track represent the album as a whole? It’s got a riff Tony Iommi would be proud of writing…



Thank you. That’s very nice of you to say. When you pick a single, what you try to do, or what I at least try and do is find a song that will say a lot about what people can expect from the record. It’s difficult when you have a record which has great variety. For me, this song is melodic, dynamic, it has a great groove, I think it’s catchy. What I’ve felt it has something else; it has a spiritual feel to it. When we were making this song, Frost said that it’s like being on a journey to somewhere. I think people will also like the diversity of the album too.


Was that a natural path for these new songs? 

When I was writing the album in the beginning, I felt the songs we were making were really good. I listened to the demos recently and I asked myself why did we abandon them; they were good songs. Then I started thinking back and I remembered why; it was because I felt that they were nothing more than good songs. They were lacking the spirituality and a sense of depth I was looking for. I remember when I told [drummer] Frost, he said, ‘Well, many bands would be happy if they had just half of these riffs in their own catalogue, but I hear you. I understand what you want to do.’ I wanted the songs to have a greater purpose. That motivated me throughout the making of this album. It’s a really dark record. It’s rare that albums feel like albums anymore. It’s become more of a collection of songs. We really made an effort to make an album, the totality approach. We always have, but even more so this time.


So, you’d say this is something you need to invest your time in, then?

I mixed it with Mike Fraser, a seasoned veteran who’s worked with AC/DC for the last 25 years. I mixed Now, Diabolical with him 11 years ago. During the mixing sessions, Mike said, ‘It’s like with everything else in life – it’s going to come full circle.’ People get tired of this track-by-track, playlist this and that, back and forth. They’ll come back to where it all started – records, full albums. As a kid myself, when I bought albums, let’s say they had 10 songs. I would like six of them, but I wouldn’t skip the other four songs. I’d think maybe that there was something that I didn’t understand so I’d listen to those songs even more. Sometimes, it wasn’t for me, but most of the time, I’d start to get into those songs as well. Sometimes, you need to invest a little more of yourself to truly understand. When I played records, I listened to them from start to finish. With Deep Calleth Upon Deep, it’s worth spending your time with it. It’ll give you so much in return, I feel.

Listen the lyric Video here:
<

No comments:

Post a Comment